Home School Agreement
Our school has a home school agreement, which you will be asked to sign when your child first starts at our school. It sets out the school’s responsibilities towards its pupils, the responsibilities of the pupil’s parents and what the school expects of its pupils.
The aim is to strengthen the partnership between home and school and makes clear the respective roles and expectations.
The school will make every effort to:
- Ensure the safety, security, and physical well-being of your child whilst in our care.
- Ensure your child receives the legal entitlement of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Ensure your child achieves their potential.
- Promote high standards and high expectations of effort and attainment.
- Promote a policy of assertive discipline in which good behaviour is rewarded and poor behaviour results in clear, consistent sanctions.
- Provide properly planned, weekly homework opportunities which are realistic, achievable and related to work in school.
- Provide opportunities for extra-curricular activities.
- Provide a written report informing you of your child’s progress with his/her class teacher at least once per year and provide opportunities for you to discuss your child’s progress with his/her class teacher at least twice per year.
- Deal with parental concerns promptly and inform them of how they have been resolved.
- Keep parents well informed about school life and special events through our school website, regular newsletters and correspondence.
Parents/Guardians will make every effort to:
- Support the aims of the school.
- Ensure their child attends regularly and on time.
- Ensure their child wears the school uniform and follows the school dress code (in Early Years this includes the availability of clean and dry waterproof clothing every day).
- Encourage their child to follow the school’s Code of Conduct.
- Support the school’s behaviour policy and co-operate fully with any behaviour procedures should they become necessary (i.e. target setting, reviews etc.)
- Attend any parent consultations, reviews, assemblies or events which involve their child.
- Ensure their child completes any homework, returns it on time and to discuss their learning with them.
- Read regularly with their children.
- Keep the school informed of any changes in circumstances (i.e. address, phone number, emergency contacts etc.)
- Inform the school of any problems that may affect their child’s learning or behaviour.
Children will make every effort to:
- Follow the school’s Code of Conduct.
- Follow instructions.
- Be polite and well mannered.
- Let an adult know if there is a problem.
- Complete and return homework.
- Be prepared for learning (arrive on time, with the right equipment i.e. PE Kit etc.)
- Contribute to lessons and listen when being spoken to.
- Stay on task.
- Avoid disturbing others.
- ‘Own up’ if things go wrong.
In addition, both parents and children understand that mobile phones are not allowed in school. They must be handed in to the class teacher and collected at the end of the day, these are brought in at the discretion of the parent and school cannot accept responsibility for such items. Where a pupil does not do this the phone will be confiscated until the end of the day.