‘Let’s Talk About Mental Health’ – A Parent’s Toolkit for Wellbeing.
Bringing up children is not easy. The impact of lockdowns during covid has impacted on all age groups and this impact is becoming clearer. Even without the issue of the pandemic, the everchanging world of modern technology and addictive nature of social media are also impacting on adults and children alike. Emotional health is something we all need to ensure we look after just as much as our physical health.
Attached is a booklet we feel would be very beneficial to all our families with helpful advice and ideas across a number of topics. Even if it isn’t relevant yet, it may be something that comes up in the future and is a resource you can go back to.
The topics below are included in the booklet and it may be that you dip in to just one of these aspects or spend some more time looking at all the topics. Whichever it is, we hope the information and ideas are useful, help you support your child and support you in the difficult job that is being a parent.
- Why Mental Health and Wellbeing is important
- Being your child’s role model
- Five steps to physical and emotional growth
- Supporting your child and spotting the signs of emotional distress (ages 5-7)
- Steps towards helping your children with anxiety, resilience and self-esteem. (ages 5-7)
- Steps towards helping your children with anxiety, resilience and self-esteem. (ages 7-11)
- Your positive mental health toolkit for your children (ages 5-11)
- Positive steps to help with transition and social media (ages 7-11)